What do Realtors look for when representing a seller or buyer of a Strata Property?
What Realtors look for when representing a buyer or seller of a strata property.
"As a realtor what we look for to assist our buyers purchasing a strata property are the following
- How well are the common areas, landscaping, roadways, building exteriors, the interior hallways of the property maintained
- Minutes that are detailed and comprehensive, where we are able to determine if there may be potential problems or major projects be planned for in the near future.
- Historical evidence in older strata corporations that major items i.e. Building envelope rehabilitation (Rainscreen installation), Roof Replacement, Water Delivery System Upgrades etc; have been completed
- Engineering/Depreciation Reports where it can be determined if the strata corporation has been planning for future capital projects
- the financials which record the current state of the Contingency Reserve Fund and any other Funds which show that the strata corporation has planned appropriately for the future."
"It is important as a Realtor that we are always do in depth research for our clients to avoid any "surprises" in the near future"
What You Need to Know
- Strata Governance
- Strata Communication
- Strata Financial Control & Administration
- Maintenance of Strata Physical Assets
- Contact Us
There are a number of important factors which Realtor's look for when representing a buyer or seller of a Strata Property.
Learn the factors which
There are many reasons why a realtor may steer their buyer away from a particular strata purchase.
Learn what you as a buyer should be aware of
“We decided to hire a new management company to guide us through a major envelope retrofit at the same time as when we were commencing legal...read on »
Once onboard as our property manager, Kevin O’Donnell set to work solving a number of long term issues regarding illegal activity by some residents,...read on »